2 mouth watering ways to add strawberries to your diet, Strawberry (Fragaria ×ananassa) is a healthy fruit cultivated worldwide. It is popular for its taste, colour and juicy texture.
The highly nutritious fruit is packed with lots of nutrients including vitamin c, manganese and potassium.
Strawberries are also very rich in antioxidants which are plant compound. These compounds are very beneficial in controlling blood sugar.
They also help to improve the health of the health.
Antioxidants are not the only plant compound that strawberries contain. There are other plant compounds in strawberries; they include pelargonidin, allergic acid and procyanidins.
Ways to add strawberries to your diet
Strawberry can be consumed raw or used in the preparation of different delicacies.
There are so many healthy ways to add strawberries to your diet. However, for the purpose of this article, we will discuss only 2 ways to add strawberries to your diet.
The current trend in the world is totally focusing on a healthier diet
So many people are very concerned about what they eat hence they are seeking healthier options.
One of the popular food in the world is bread it is one of the most eaten breakfast. It ranged from white bread, sandwich, toast bread, wheat bread and a list of other different kind of bread.
However, a lot of concern has been drawn by dietitians to the consumption of white bread.
Therefore this recipe seeks to introduce a healthier way to consume bread. For the purpose of this article, we will introduce a healthier way to consume bread.
Secondly, we will also discuss a new strawberry smoothie recipe.
Therefore in this article, we will discuss;
- Strawberry bread recipe.
- Strawberry smoothie recipe.
Basic strawberry recipe
To make delicious and healthy strawberry bread, you need to pick up fresh strawberries.
Ensure that you check the fruit thoroughly to make sure it is fresh and ready for usage.
This recipe should take not less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Granulated sugar, milk, vanilla extract, flour, oil, salt, strawberries, baking powder and egg.
- A quarter of granulated sugar
- Half cup of oil
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Diced strawberries
- Half cup of milk
- 2 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
How to prepare
The first step is actually the same procedure for cake mixing.
- Pre-heat the oven
- Get a clean bowl and mix up sugar, egg, vanilla, oil and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix your baking powder and salt.
- After mixing both mixtures thoroughly, add the wet and dry ingredients together. Then ensure that you mix properly.
- Toss the strawberry with some flour before adding it to the batter. This is to prevent it from completely sinking in when placed in the oven.
- Add the strawberries into your batter. Then pour the batter into a pan.
- Bake 30 seconds for 1 hour. Then allow the bread to cool before removing it from the pan.
Easy strawberry bread recipe
This is a simple and easy bread recipe that requires less than 10 minutes to prepare. It can be used as breakfast, brunch or as a snack for yourself or the kids.
Strawberry, bread(sliced), peanut butter
- 1 cup of diced strawberry
- Bread (preferential)
- Spread a sizeable amount of peanut butter on your bread.
- Slice your strawberries into little proportions
- Put the dried strawberries over the peanut butter coated bread.
- Place the other bread over the strawberry covered bread.
- Your easy strawberry bread recipe is ready for consumption
Everyone wants to eat healthily, hence the recent surge in the consumption of smoothies. However, so many people assume that smoothies must be boring, green and tasteless to be effective.
This is no true. Strawberries are healthy fruits that can be used to make healthy smoothies recipes.
For the purpose of this article, we will discuss 10 delicious smoothie recipes.
The fun fact about smoothies is, you can easily recreate them with an additional ingredient. It totally your choice to make.
Smoothies are very easy to make, all you need is your ingredients and a blender.
Strawberries and bananas smoothie
It is equally a nutrient-dense fruit. Not only it is healthy, but it is also very delicious.
This combination is perfect for a sweet tooth who also wants to keep it healthy.
- Frozen strawberries
- Fresh or frozen banana
- Put all your ingredients in a blender and ensure you cover the blender. You don’t want it splashing everywhere.
- Blend till you achieve a smooth texture. It shouldn’t be too thick or too light.
- If it’s too light add more strawberries or bananas. However, if it is too thick add more milk.
- After blending, turn it into a cup and your smoothie is ready for consumption.
Berry combo smoothie
Just like the name implies, this is a combination of more than one berry.
It is not a secret that most berries are recognized as superfoods. This is due to the healthy nutrient and plant compounds they contain.
Therefore, this smoothie combination is very healthy and also very tasty. It is a combination of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Strawberry jam smoothie
I’m not a fan of strawberry jam but when I add it to my smoothie I fall totally in love with the resultant test.
This is a very inexpensive and simple strawberry smoothie recipe. Double thickness, an extra hint of strawberry flavor and totally delicious.
- Frozen strawberries
- Strawberry jam
- Milk(any preferred milk of your choice)
Extra healthy strawberry smoothie
I called this extra healthy because it has more strict ingredients.
To achieve this particular smoothie you need to add seeds (chia seed), Moringa and almond.
It is very healthy as it is rich in fibre and other essential nutrients the body requires.
- Frozen strawberries
- Moringa or chia seed
- Almond milk
Other recipes include strawberry
Other recipes include strawberry in addition to a healthy fruit that will be a good combination.
- Strawberry and peaches
- Strawberry and pineapple
- Oranges and strawberry
- Strawberries, kale and Greek yogurt.
- Strawberry and avocado
Strawberries can be added to different diet that constitutes our daily food consumption.
We can add them to our pancakes, oatmeal, use them wholly or use them to prepare fruit juice.
They are also present in our desserts including yogurt, ice cream, doughnuts, cakes, pies etc.
It is a worldwide fruit use in the preparation of different delicacies globally.
However, it is advisable that you avoid these recipes if you are allergic to the fruit. Experiment with other berries if you have an allergen to strawberries.