Pancakes are one of my favorite and go-to snacks, especially when I need to unwind after a hard day. It is my special treat. These strawberry pancakes are the best and would leave you craving for more. It is based on an easy, quick, and moist vanilla pancake recipe made from everyday ingredients like eggs and oil. A major addition is delicious, rich, and healthy pops of strawberries for a richer taste.
Why this recipe works
Want to know why this recipe is perfect and the end result is a fluffy and rich strawberry pancake? Read the reasons below:
- The recipe makes a really light and fluffy pancake that is perfect for breakfast, picnics, or a delicious treat.
- What is required is just basic kitchen ingredients, nothing extreme or fancy is needed
- Strawberry pancakes are special for any occasion including Valentine’s day, anniversary, thanksgiving, or birthdays.
Ingredients needed for a delicious strawberry pancake.
Just like I earlier mentioned, you only need pantry basics like flour, powder, milk, baking powder, a little bit of vanilla essence, sugar and salt, to make these strawberry pancakes…and definitely, you are going to need strawberries. A rich strawberry pancake recipe is not 100% complete without strawberries.
This recipe will yield 16 pancakes.
- 5 cup plain flour (225g)
- 1 tbsp. sugar (16g)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder (12g)
- One pinch salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter (45g)
- 1 ½ cup milk (310g)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of strawberries (125g)
To make pancake batter
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Melt the unsalted butter. To do this, put the required quantity of butter in a microwave-proof jug. The jug should be able to hold all the wet ingredients for less dirty dishes, but no worries if your jug is smaller.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together: melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients (not the other way round) and ensure you mix properly. If you notice a few lumps in your mixture, just leave them.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes
- While it is resting, you can begin preparing the strawberries. Dice them into 1cm cubes, and do not forget to take out the leaves.
- Fold the already diced strawberries into the well-rested pancake batter.
Note: Letting your pancake batter rest for 10 minutes or more enables the gluten in the flour to relax and you know what that means? The end result of your easy pancake recipe will be fluffy and tasty pancakes.
To cook the pancakes
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat. The pan should have a flat and smooth base if you want your pancakes to come out beautiful.
- Using a pastry brush, add little butter or oil to the surface of the pan. If you do not have a pastry brush, measure out 1/2 teaspoon of oil or butter and spread it all over the pan.
- Scoop a one-quarter cup of the batter and pour it into the already heated pan. Do not expect to get perfect circles. The diced strawberry in the batter will cause your pancake to have imperfect circles. Not to worry, your pancake will still taste awesome.
- Look out for any small bubble that may appear on the top of the pancake. Burst them and flip the pancake right away
- The second side of the pancake requires just a little time to cook. Make sure you check the edges of the pancake as you will see bubbles appearing and also know when the center of the pancake is ready.
Nutritional value for this strawberry pancake recipe.
Every one serving of this pancake contains the following:
- 64 calories
- 12g carbohydrates
- 2g protein
- 2mg cholesterol
- 93mg sodium
- 55mg potassium
- 1g fiber
- 2g sugar
- 72mg calcium
- 5mg vitamin C
- 1mg iron
Best tips for perfect strawberry pancakes
To make the perfect and fluffy strawberry pancakes, you can rely on the tips below.
- Ensure you measure out all your ingredients properly. Do not miss out on any ingredients as each one is important.
- Ingredients like milk can be substituted with a non-dairy replacement like soy milk, rice milk or, nut milk. While butter can be replaced with a mild-flavored oil like olive oil. All you have to do is use the same amount for replacements.
- Make sure your baking powder isn’t expired. If your pancake is not light and fluffy, then your baking powder has an issue and should be replaced.
- Do not forget to cook your pancakes on medium heat.
- Don’t skip the resting time for the pancake batter. It is very important if you want a pancake that is fluffy and delicious.
- You can substitute the diced strawberry fruits for other diced fruits. The best fruits for pancakes are banana slices, nuts, raspberries, blueberries, etc. Any kind of fruit flavor can fit into this recipe.
This is an easy vanilla pancake recipe with pops of strawberries in it. You can enjoy these strawberry pancakes as breakfast and drizzle maple syrup to make them even more delightful and tastier.