Best homemade strawberry cream cheese
Homemade strawberry cream cheese spread is an amazing replacement for bagels when you run out of store-bought spread. The recipe for this spread is perfect, easy, and even beats store-bought strawberry cream cheese spread. You can make your own cream cheese spread. All you need is three super ingredients…and a food processor. Most persons do not have food processors in their kitchen, nevertheless, a blender works perfectly too.
While some people opt for savory or salty spreads like hummus, others prefer to use strawberry cream cheese on their bagels.
Most times, it’s nice to try something different and healthy, especially when it comes to food. You can decide to whip up this cream cheese and transform your normal breakfast routine into a fun-filled gourmet treat.
Recently, my favorite neighbor wanted to rush to the bagel store to purchase the Philadelphia strawberry cream cheese. Since she was in a haste, I brought out my bowl of homemade strawberry cream cheese from the fridge and handed it over to her. Later that same day, she asked for the recipe and confessed to how flavorful, fresh and fruity my cream cheese tasted. And I thought to share this recipe with you all.
Just as I mentioned earlier, you will be needing three super ingredients: cream cheese, honey, and strawberries. Also, a food processor or blender will come in handy too.
Having strawberry cream cheese, the fun way!!
Once you have made your own version of strawberry cream cheese using this recipe, you can use it to make an amazing breakfast with Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions, Lender’s Bagels, and Great Value Milk. Whipping up a breakfast made with this simple homemade strawberry cream cheese, fruit, bagels, and milk deliver nutrients like protein, carbs, and vitamin C to your body- and we can call that a balanced diet.
There are different flavors of Lender’s Bagels and Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions available to help you enjoy this particular cream cheese better. From plain to blueberry, and cinnamon-raisin flavor, you and your family can find suitable and appealing flavors. What’s more? A glass of milk, bagel with strawberry cream cheese, and fruit is really satisfying and can leave you feeling full for a long time.
I usually find these products at Walmart but you can check any grocery store close to you.
Tips for making strawberry cream cheese
- A better replacement for honey is maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener that you will prefer. But most times, when I run out of honey, I immediately get the maple syrup on my kitchen shelf.
- It’s best to make cream cheese that can last for a day or three so that its freshness can be retained. The strawberries present in this homemade strawberry cheese are uncooked and if kept for so long, can become bad.
- Store your homemade strawberry cream cheese in an airtight container for one or three days.
- You can tweak the flavor just a little bit by adding vanilla extract, almond extract, or even orange zest. Feel free to shake things up just a little bit.
What do you serve with the strawberry cream cheese spread?
Besides Lender’s Bagel or Graham Crackers, you can serve this cream cheese as a dip for vanilla wafers, animal crackers, pretzels, golden Oreos, veggies, and even fresh strawberries.
As a spread, this strawberry cream cheese will work on cookies, crackers, bread, toast, croissants, and graham crackers.
Finally, the most interesting and long-awaited part of this article. To make the best strawberry cream cheese, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 4-ounce cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. honey
Like I said earlier, you can add a half teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract to this recipe. Also, a little bit of orange zest will make your cream cheese extra delightful, but, it is optional.
This strawberry cream cheese recipe will make 8 servings and can take 2 minutes to get prepared.
- Defrost the frozen strawberries by running them under warm water for several minutes.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries. Place the destemmed strawberries in a food processor and puree till smooth.
- Add the honey and pulse
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and blend till the mixture is totally combined.
- You can taste and add more honey till you achieve the desired taste
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Ensure you consume within a day or three.
So there, you have it – fresh and homemade strawberry cream cheese for the wins. While there are so many ways to enjoy this cream cheese, I mostly use it for Lender’s Bagels. What is your favorite way to have your freshly made strawberry cream cheese?