BEST 10+ BEER WITH LOWEST CARBS THAT ARE VERY KETO FRIENDLY
Drinking a lot of beer can cause massive weight gain and health hazards, so, if you are trying to cut down on your carb intake, consume a low carb beer.
This kind of beer referred to as a “light beer” has low carb counts, less alcohol content, and low calories. You don’t have to entirely ditch beer because you are on a keto diet, you can limit your beer intake.
WHICH BEER HAS THE LOWEST ALCOHOL CONTENT?
A low alcohol beer has little or no alcohol content, a taste, and a feeling of good beer but has a reduced or complete effect of a standard alcohol beer. Let’s move to two categories of beer with low alcohol content: lagers and ales.
Lagers: lager is the most popular and widely drank beer globally. I bet you must have had a glass of lager style during your summer holidays, birthday party, or an occasion without even knowing, well probably.
It can be pale, amber or dark. They are brewed under cold temperatures and its fermentation process results in a crispy, clean, and refreshing beer.
Few examples of lagers with their calorie count and alcohol by volume (ABV) percentage. This is based on a 12-ounce serving.
- Lyte fest feisber: 99 calories, 4.8%ABV is a pale light lager from Zelus beer company, has a bitter finish, malty flavor, and a blend of biscuit.
- Budweiser select 55: 55 calories, 4.3%ABV, is a delicious lager style beer with a very rich malty flavor that can be enjoyed cold.
- Budlight: 110 calories, 4.2%ABV; want fewer alcohol content? This is a great option, it has a hoppy flavor and a superb mouthfeel.
- Sleeman light: 90 calories, 4.0%ABV, is a light lager beer, thick and creamy with an amber color and has a crisp and refreshing finish. Impressive right?
- Amstel light: 95 calories, 4.0%ABV has a great lager taste, has low calories and less carbs too. It has a decent blend of bitterness and is thirst quenching.
- Carlsberg light: 102 calories, 4.0%ABV, imported from Denmark, has a refreshing taste, a dash of bitterness, oozes an apple flavor and peppery So, u could gulp this down without being weighed down.
- Brava light: 112 calories, 4.0%ABV, is made from the finest ingredients and awesomely awesome in taste and aroma. It is complemented by a malty flavor and a refreshing finish.
- Yuengling light lager: 98 calories, 3.8%ABV, is an exceptional drink, with a caramel malt flavor, pale lager, and has lower sugar content.
- Session light: 100 calories, 3.6%ABV, has a dash of malty flavor, has a crisp and clean finish. This is perfect for people wanting something refreshing and flavorful with low alcohol content.
- Heineken light: 99 calories, 3.3%ABV, was introduced in 2005 has a mild malty flavor and fresh aroma.
Ales: ales are not lagers and lagers are not ales, there is always a confusion between them. Ales are brewed under high temperatures unlike lagers and have a fruity taste.
Some ales with low alcohol content are:
- Boulevard brewing easy sport: 99 calories, 4.1%ABV is refreshing and tasty, has a hint of tangerine, and is perfect for sports people. It has a citrus aroma, a balance of hops, and a crisp finish.
- Bells oarsman ale: 4.0% has a lemon aroma, notes of citrus, malty and wheat flavor. It is crisp, refreshing, and has a clean finish.
- Evil twin bikini beer: 2.7%ABV, has notes of citrus, hoppy flavor, a dash of bitterness, and very light but thirst quenching.
- Le Petit Prince: 75 calories, 2.8%ABV, has a hoppy flavor with a blend of yeast and malt. It is brewed with pilsner malt, wheat, and farmhouse yeast. It has a delightful taste.
LOWEST CARB BEER
Beer is an amazing and refreshing drink, although the type that is super amazing may not be amazing for your health. In every 12 ounce serving of beer, there is 150 calories, now that’s pretty much, along with its alcohol content which can cause havoc to your body.
If you are on a low carb or ketogenic diet, there are few beers that are healthy and okay for a successful diet plan. Below is a list of lowest carb beers you may like:
- Budweiser light – 110 calories, 6.6g carbs, 4.2%ABV
- Amstel light – 92 calories, 5g carbs, 3.5%ABV
- Labatt premier – 92 calories, 2.4g carbs, 4.0%ABV
- Blue moon lightsky – 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 4.0%ABV
- Lagunitas daytime – 98 calories, 3.0g carbs,4.0%ABV
- Miller lite – 98 calories, 3.2g carbs, 4.2%ABV
- Budweiser select 55 – 55 calories, 1.9g carbs, 2.4%ABV
- Busch light – 95 calories, 3.0g carbs, 4.0%ABV
- Michelob ultra – 95 calories, 3.0g carbs, 4.2%ABV
- Genesee light – 100 calories, 4.0g carbs, 3.6%ABV
- Beck’s premier light – 64 calories, 4.0g carbs, 2.3%ABV
- Corona light – 99 calories, 5.0g, 4.1%ABV
- Natural light – 95 calories, 3.2g, 4.2%ABV
- Coors light – 102 calories, 5.5g, 4.2%ABV
LOW-CARB NON-ALCOHOLIC BEER
Non-alcoholic beers that are low in carbs and calories are ultimately good for you. According to Keri, a registered dietician nutritionist “non-alcoholic beer is a regular beer that has had the alcohol removed through a heating process and had carbon dioxide added”.
Non-alcoholic beer contains little or no alcohol. Most of them are branded with 0.0ABV or 0.05ABV. Non-alcoholic beers are not lower in carbs, they are actually higher in carbs because of their high sugar content.
Examples of low carb non-alcoholic beers include:
- Brewdog nanny state – 1g carb, 0.5ABV
- M&S Southwold – 1.4g carb, 0.5ABV
- Unltd lager – 1.6g carb, 0.5ABV
- Jever fun – 2.1g carb, 0.5ABV
- Brewdog Hazy AF – 2.6g carb, 0.5ABV
- Beck’s blue – 3.1g carb , 0.05ABV
- Carlsberg 0.0 – 3.2g carb, 0.0ABV
- Lucky saint unfiltered lager – 3.5g carb, 0.5ABV
- Free star – 4.4g carb, 0.0ABV
- Heineken 0.0 – 4.8g carb, 0.05ABV
- Peroni libera – 5.3g carb, 0.0ABV
- Cheers Branca – 5.8g carb, 0.5ABV
WHICH BEER IS KETO-FRIENDLY?
A keto diet or ketogenic diet is effective for weight loss. It is of importance to keep track of what and how much beer you gulp down on a daily during your keto diet, so you know which is proper and healthy for a successful keto diet plan. This is because most beers are highly packed with calories and carbs.
Consuming such beers can throw you off your keto diet plan. You know what happens after this? Your body becomes incapable of burning fat which leads to excessive weight gain or delayed weight loss and liver damage.
Purer categories of alcohol like a hard liqueur – whiskey, brandy, tequila, and gin having 0gram carbs, 15-ounce serving and dry wine having 3.0– 4.0grams carb, 5 ounces serving and light beer having 3.0grams carb, 12 ounces serving are ideal to consume on a keto diet.
A low carb mixer like seltzer, diet soda, sugar-free tonic water all having 0gram carb is best and can help to keep your carb intake low.
After, reading this, you might want to hurry to gulp down as many bottles as possible, hold on!! Too much of a keto-friendly beer can still contribute to health problems and kick you out of ketosis so you might want to keep that in check. Make sure to avoid cocktails, mixers like soda or juice as they are high in carb.
IS LOW CARB BEER GOOD FOR YOU?
Probably, you think it is good. No, it is not. Most people think it is ideal because it is low and labeled “low carb”.
It is not too different from a regular beer, a low carb beer contains 2g to 8g, if you consume too much of this, it becomes bad for you. Imagine drinking 3 bottles of Budweiser select 55, with 6.6grams carb, that is too much.
The weekly consumption of beer for men is 14 drinks and for women, 7 drinks, that means, two drinks a day for men and 1 drink a day for women.
The alcohol content in most low carb beers are high in kilojoules – a unit of energy and this harms you mentally, physically and health wise and causes delayed weight loss or weight gain.
You can consume low carb beers, drink responsibly, yes, in moderation without compromising your health.
WILL ONE BEER KICK ME OUT OF KETOSIS?
No, but it can slowly affect your rate of ketosis. When you consume beer excessively, even a low carb beer, the fat-burning process is slowed and this can delay your weight loss goal. We all on a keto diet do not want this to happen.
The best option is to consume a keto friendly pure distilled beer and in moderation, eat a keto friendly food before drinking, watch out for calorie and stick to a low calorie option.
Know that, as you drink, your body becomes incapable of burning food, you begin to crave high carb foods, you become dehydrated and your hangover becomes sudden and lasts longer.
It is up to you to decide if alcohol should be on your meal plan, if it should be, remember to drink in moderation.
WHAT IS THE BEST BEER TO DRINK ON A DIET?
A high carb beer? Wrong. A low carb beer and a low calorie beer. The worst beer to drink on a diet are those high in carbs and in calories as well. Few of them are:
- Michelob honey lager, 178 calories, 19grams carb
- Leinenkugel’s berry weiss, 207 calories, 28grams carb
- Harpoon IPA, 170 calories, 12grams carb
- Corona Extra, 148 calories, 14 grams carb
On a weight loss goal and diet, be weary of worst beers and completely avoid them. Select the best beer with low carb and low calorie. The number of calories should be 100 and lesser. Most of the best beers are:
- Budweiser select 55, 55 calories, 1.9grams carb
- Beck’s premier light, 64 calories, 4.0grams carb
- Michelob ultra, 95 calories, 3.0grams carb
- Amstel light, 95 calories, 5.0grams carb
CAN I DRINK BEER AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT?
Yes, if you drink excessively and regularly. When you drink alcohol, fat-burning process is disrupted.
This is because, as your body burns fat to get energy, and ingestion of alcohol, is what your body perceives as energy because it is quicker and accessible, at that point, fat no longer is. Alcohol is then stored as fat.
You don’t really have to give up alcohol even though it will help you achieve your weight loss goals faster, you can still meet your weight loss goals if you,
- Watch out for high calorie rich food
- Drink light beers as they are lower in alcohol content
- Keep a decent glass of water by your side when drinking beer to prevent dehydration and a hangover
- Eat protein before drinking. Proteins decrease the absorption rate and increases the elimination rate of alcohol.
Follow the tips and always observe calorie and alcohol content and drink wisely.
CAN I DRINK BEER AND STILL LOSE BELLY FAT?
Ever heard of a beer belly? The beer belly is an increase in fat around the belly. Drinking spikes up your calorie intake. A typical beer has 150 calories.
As you shed pounds, observe your calorie intake, consuming beer excessively can mess it up for you. As you drink beer, you crave food especially high carb foods, and end up eating more than you should eat.
Beer may increase the number of calories you consume and can inhibit fat elimination and cause a “beer belly”. When you consume excess calories than you burn, the excess is stored as fat. A beer belly has been linked to several health problems.
Avoid heavy consumption of beer, consume light beers with less calorie content, and remember to eat proteins before, during and after your beer intake.